Client dies when logging in.

Kaguz
As the title suggests, my client dies the moment I select my characters, I've tried different accounts and characters but unfortunately the same thing happens, does anyone know what causes this and how I can fix this? Thanks!

Re: Client dies when logging in.

Chao
This is what happened to somebody before and KomoriGlare said this fixes it:

Special, as you know, I've had the same issue as you for a few days... I don't know what sparked the disconnection at the character screen, but after doing some research, I finally found how to fix the problem.

If ur using Vista or Windows 7,

Go to

control panel > hardware and sound > Device(Driver) Manager

Then, in the Network Adapters Tab, you should see a driver called Microsoft Loopback Adapter.

Right click that option and Disable it.

Now you should be good to go... It worked for me. XD
I own OldStory.
IGN: Chaofruit - Level 7X Hermit

Re: Client dies when logging in.

Kaguz
Sorry Chao, I don't think that's what I'm facing here. The problem with your solution is that I've already uninstalled my Loopback adapter long ago!

Still, I'll try to look for another solution, I'm dying to play with everyone again! And of course Thanks again.

Re: Client dies when logging in.

KomoriGlare
Try enabling you Loopback Adapter again and see what happens. If it still doesn't work, disable it again and play around with your firewalls (though you probably already tried this, you can try playing around with it with your loopback enabled too.) For some reason, some people can only get in with their loopbacks enabled (hence everyone else who never had to disable their loopbacks and have no real experience with their login issues), while others can only get in with their loopbacks disabled (aka: Me and Special). You might be a part of the ppl who have to have loopback enabled. Try it out. I'll be looking over the net for more solutions to your issue. (Basically using google)
Beast Mode ain't an option. It's a requirement.

Re: Client dies when logging in.

Adorable
Ahhh Kagu!

I was wondering where you went! D:

Hopefully you can play again!
"I gotta feel alive, even if it kills me."